Monday, June 7, 2010

Nooks and Crannies



Yesterday, sitting at church, listening to my Pastor give another amazing sermon, the song from 'Tenth Ave North' popped into my head. Times. Have you heard it? Check it out. Well worth it. Anyway, in the song it talks about how God's love is over, underneath, inside, and in between. Everytime I hear that part in the song I just envision Him taking His fingers and seeping through every nook and cranny. Then picturing myself just standing there, allowing Him to remove all the yuck. It is so vivid in my mind. I wish I could write as well as I imagine, ha ha. So, as I am thinking all this, I also have an 'Aha' moment of, "Well, Lord, your love seeps through all my nooks and crannies, but, I want to also seep myself in all of yours! I want to dig deeper, find all those nooks that I haven't been able to discover yet, and jump into all those crannies I haven't gotten to soak in before!" Pastor said yesterday that we need to be living a 'bible driven life'. YES! I want to live that life! I want to shine it, too.

So, when I opened my devotion for the day from 'Gospel Meditations For Women' by Chris Anderson and Joe Tyrpak today, I was again reminded of how God is into details. He knits together my days and lays them before me so clearly, I just have to open my eyes. The devotion was about 'The God Breathed, Life Changing Word'. I thought the author put it so well in this excerpt from the book on day 7:

"Only the Bible can do these amazing things. Thus, the way Christians respond to ever-increasing wickedness is to increase our commitment to the Scriptures-not just in theory, but in everyday life. Like Timothy, we need to make the Bible central in our lives: reading it every day; memorizing it; meditating on it; singing it; joining a church that preaches it (2 Timothy 4:2); speaking of it; making it very much "at home' in us (Colossians 3;16). Get into the Word, not out of guilt, but because it's the source of your spiritual life and nourishment!"

Can't get any clearer than that, can it? And, the part that says 'not out of guilt'...oh, yeah. That is so me, sometimes. I want to jump into my Heavenly Daddy's arms with sheer joy, expectancy, desire...not guilt. On the mornings where I am feeling rushed, and don't spend my first hour with Jesus, I end up feeling like I have to fit in my bible time. More out of guilt, than out of that joy, expectancy, and desire I was talking about. I wouldn't want my children to feel that way about spending time with me! I want them to look forward to the next time we are going to spend time together. I want them to yearn for that time we are one on one. Don't we see that is exactly what Our Heavenly Father wants from us, too?

Do you ever suffer from that guilt? Do you notice how your day seems to fall apart when you haven't spent time in the Word? Isn't it great to know He forgives us? That He forgives and remembers no more? And yet, we do it again, and again, and again?

Thank you, Lord, for your saving, and so undeserved, Grace.

I love you.




(I just went and read my sweet friend, Jennifer's blog, The Kindle's, and she posted the most amazing Resistance piece...that always makes me laugh, hee hee. GO READ IT AND BE BLESSED! Thanks for sharing yourself so openly, all the time, Jen. Love you, Girl. xoxo)

3 comments:

Chris@Joyful Mother said...

Hey girl how are you?

So true about what you said..

It is so very important to spend that time loving the Father and receiving His love back. I fall into lots of guilt which then leads to anger that comes forth. I know the Lord isn't bringing all that condemnation...

I then have to remember that amazing love, grace, and forgiveness that comes from HIm. I then end up in tears from His amazing love..

Love ya sista...hope all is well in CALI!!

Ohilda said...

Thank you for sharing this!! I'm catching up now and it was so what I needed to hear. God's pretty awesome that way. :)

Love you, my sister!

Rochelle said...

I can't even begin to fully explain how much this met me right where I was at today. Oh how I needed to hear this!! Thank you for sharing!